Monday, January 3, 2011

01/03/11 Sprints, and OH squats...again


01/03/11

Three rounds for time of:

Run 400m

Overhead squat, 30 reps, 75 lbs

21 pullups

source: crossfit.com
time: 21:42
works: Endurance, shoulders, core, glutes, hams, back
difficulty: 8
my effort: 8

This is a fun, quick workout. The runs are short enough to allow you to run at a quick pace the whole time, and the overhead squats give an element of "interesting" that keep things moving.

I ran the 400m rounds at 10mph, and setted the OH squats to groups of 10. I probably ended up resting more than I needed to between sets of squats; something to work on next time. The pullups were pretty quick and easy.

On another positive note, the OH squats felt good today. My shoulders felt good and steady, and I had a good solid up/down movement on each squat. Now to add more weight someday. No weight vest today. Thankfully.

Back for one more day tomorrow, and then we'll take Wednesday off.

photo credit: http://www.crossfitsouthbay.com/2010/05/anatomy-of-an-overhead-squat/

No comments:

Post a Comment