Sunday, January 2, 2011

01/02/11 - "Jack"


Perform as many rounds as you can in 20 minutes:

Push press, 115lbs, 10 reps

Kettlebell swings, 1.5 pood, 10 reps

Box jumps, 24" box, 10 reps

source: crossfit.com
time: 20 minutes
works: Endurance, shoulders, core, glutes, hams
difficulty: 9
my effort: 8

Though it wasn't called for, I decided to wear a weight vest for this workout. I wanted to add a few pounds to increase the difficulty of creating the explosive movements need for all three of these exercises. The 20lbs added a lot more difficulty than I had anticipated. I can usually get through 12-odd rounds of "Jack", but the vest kept my circuit reps at 7.5. With the added weight, I also noticed I had more trouble transitioning from the push presses to the KB swings.

Anyway, like I said, I got through 7.5 rounds. Not great, but a good benchmark with the vest.

(photo credit: http://fit2fight.blogspot.com/2010_01_24_archive.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment